Monday, March 21, 2011

Sex Question: How Can I Boost My Desire?

Dear Dr. H,


My boyfriend and I have been together for about five years. I don't have any sexual desire anymore and we currently have sex no more than three times a month. I know I love him and don't want to be with anyone else. What can I do?


Read on for Dr. Hilda Hutcherson's response.


A. While it's normal for your sex life to go through different phases when you're with someone for a long time (sometimes it's steamy and frequent, and sometimes it's less so), it is important to make it a priority in your relationship. There are things you can do to increase desire when your sex life isn't at its peak. One thing you can try is fantasy--one suggestion is for each of you to write a story about the best sex you had with each other. Thinking about a great past sexual experience could help you relive it. You can also visit an erotic shop--in person or online, to buy new gels, lubricants and sex toys that you can share. The bottom line is, novelty--doing something you haven't tried before--can really get a couple out of a sex rut.


Readers, do you have any other sex drive questions? Let's talk about them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment