Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fitness Trend: Nordic Walking (Would You Dare?)

I've been seeing a lot of people in my city, Seattle, trekking around town with ski poles, yep, with no snow on the ground. The fitness craze called "Nordic walking" has been around for awhile, but I think it's gained some new converts recently. Would you try it?


If you like to ski, you might like a sport called Nordic walking. Yes, you just walk or hike with specially made poles (similar to ski poles, but made specially for walking). Experts say this type of walking works all the major muscle groups in the body and is almost 50 percent more efficient than normal walking, at least according to the American Nordic Walking Association.


You know, I think this looks like fun! would you try it?


P.S. Are these fitness recovery shoes really worth it? And, 7 things I learned about running this year! Plus, the little fitness gadget that I'm loving ...

No comments:

Post a Comment