Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Healthy Reminder: Here's a Quick Way to Boost Your Spirits--Right at Your Desk!

When I'm working on a big writing deadline, sometimes I can feel overwhelmed, grumpy or sad (especially when I start thinking about how I'm chained to my desk when I'd rather be outside doing sometime fun!). But you know what helps me snap out of my funk and boosts my productivity--every single time? It just takes one click ...


Music!


I know, so simple right? But for me, it's not any music, it's jazz. I flip on my favorite online streaming jazz station (no elevator or smooth jazz here, just the good stuff--come listen with me!), and I instantly feel a little calmer, happier and even more focused. I swear that jazz must have some sort of medicinal properties. But, the point isn't about jazz--it's about music. Listen to your favorite music--whether it's on your computer or iPod or whatever--and just wait for your mood to improve. It will, I promise!


Some psychologists have called music a "mind-altering substance" and I most definitely agree.


What do you listen to at your desk?

No comments:

Post a Comment