Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do You Wear Sun Hats? Help Me Choose One That's Chic, Not Grandmotherly

Are you a fan of sun hats? I must admit, while I always reach for sunscreen when it's sunny, I'm not really in the habit of grabbing a hat. They've always seemed so corny (on me at least), but not anymore--I'm seeing so many cute ones everywhere. Let's go shopping...


I don't think I've really worn a hat since ... the days when my sister and I wore Little House on the Prairie-style bonnets (we loved them!). Oh, and how could I forget the huge straw hat (with a purple sash!) I bought on a family road trip in Yellowstone National Park when I was in elementary school? The thing was legendary.


Nowadays, I haven't been feeling the hat love. Maybe it's because I feel goofy in them. Maybe it's because I don't know how to wear them. Maybe it's the whole hat-head thing. Whatever. Given all a hat can do to protect our precious skin from the sun's harmful rays, I think it's time to turn over a new leaf. Plus, I spotted a pal out shopping recently with the cutest hat on and I decided if she can pull it off--so can I!


Let's go shopping! Help me choose a hat:


Here's a hat, from Nordstrom, that looks fab, but wait, is it too Kentucky Derby?


I love the drama of this one, from Banana Republic, but could I pull it off without looking like a nut? Not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment