Monday, April 11, 2011

Sex Question: I Didn't Used to Need Lube, But Now I Do-Why the Change?

Dear Dr. Kate,


My boyfriend and I spent about a month and a half apart during Christmas. After we came back to college for spring semester, we had to buy lube for the first time because sex became so uncomfortable for me due to too much friction. Two changes coincide with the onset: I'm working out almost everyday, so I may have lost some weight. Also, I increased my bupropion antidepressant from 300ml to 450ml. Please help, I love my bf and he still turns me on but I feel different down there.


While antidepressants are known for causing sexual problems, bupropion is luckily one that doesn't. And weight loss shouldn't affect your comfort level this significantly, either. But a prolonged sex break can definitely lead to discomfort with sex-if you're having less foreplay than before, your body may not be ready for intercourse yet. The truth is, you may just need to let your body catch up with where your heart is: Be sure to give yourself plenty of time-20 to 30 minutes on average-to become fully aroused, and definitely keep using the lube.


Have any of you ladies ever had a dry spell? Did increased foreplay solve the problem?


Have a sex health question of your own? Ask Dr. Kate here, and keep checking back to see if she's answered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment